No, not Indiana Jones. IndyCar and the Indianapolis 500!
Why would this NEO WAH mom become an IndyCar racing fan?
- No male enhancement commercials. If you want me to change the channel, play that 'Viva Viagra' commercial every 10 minutes. Who in this country hasn't heard of these drugs and what they do? Is there REALLY a need for these?
- No trash talking drivers. In the interviews that I saw, each driver told the viewer how good they are not how bad so-n-so is. When they were asked about another driver, they showed some class and found something positive to say...or at least they didn't trash each other.
- Limited beer commercials. As a mom, I really don't want children (or adults) to think that you have to have beer to have fun. (I hope you didn't just learn something new)
- Helio Castroneves. Have you seen this man smile? 'nuf said.
- 3 Girly Girls. Milka Duno, Sarah Fisher and Danica Patrick are three woman drivers that prove that you don't have to sacrifice feminine beauty to be tough.
- Ethanol. Yep, these cars run on ethanol. I keep hearing that if we run our cars on ethanol, the price of food will go up. Well, maybe our farmers could make a decent living. C'mon folks, some one's getting wealthy when you fill your gas tank. Wouldn't you rather it was an American Farmer?
- 220+ MPH in an open car. That's what I call Crazybrave.
Well, I watched this out of curiosity and now I'm looking forward to this Sunday's race. I hope I don't have to retract any of my 7 reasons to enjoy this sport. That would be a bummer.
Oh, for those of you who were hoping that "Indy" stood for Indiana Jones...maybe next week.