Thursday, April 3, 2008

More New Beginnings!

Most people are smart enough to hybernate in NE Ohio in February.





I initally went out and started to tell the world about my new venture. Then the snow started and didn't stop until March. Also, most people would ask if Empower Her Parties had a website. So, in February I learned how to register a domain name, set up a shopping cart, add a security certificate and upload images. When you are with a direct sales company you just call the corporate office and they give you a site. When it's just you...it's just you.





It was a great stay at home project while the rest of Ohio battled the weather and gas prices. People ask if I miss going to an office. Are these people serious? I think they are referring to the social aspect of an office. (I'll save this topic for a future post)



I really have to thank the tech support people with my server. They were very patient with me when I had no idea what their terminology meant. They walked me through a lot! It's a good thing they are there 24/7.



My site still has a long way to go before I will be saticfied but this is just one more "new beginning" for me this year!



I also hired my friend Mara Robinson the owner and creative director of Spinning Wheel Creative Communications, LLC http://www.spinwheelcom.com/ to write a press release for me. She is just so creative and can really paint a picture with words that as you can see...I can not.





Of course all the snow meant more skiing for our family! By the end of February, I no longer needed muscle relaxers to get out of bed the next morning! (always a plus)



Oh, I also started to actually sell some products! That IS the whole point of a for profit company, right? I know I love my C2 Taser Device and I enjoy helping others enjoy the same level of personal security.

More on this to come...


Remember you are too blessed to be stressed!

No comments: